Search This Blog

Wednesday, February 29, 2012

February 29, 2012

Everything went really well yesterday during the crit. Our guest crit definitely helped to get me to look at my creations in a way that would allow me to expand on them and bring my process into the addition to the Igualada Cemetery. Here are some images of the finished drawdel, drawing, dibujo sin papel, and plaster cast.







Based on the comments that were made during yesterdays crit I think I am going to try and redo or remake my wire drawings and casts and incorporate more light. Originally I mapped the protrusions in terms of how the material created and changed the spaces and the light but I think I need to do it from a more lighting perspective. The idea of translucent concrete is amazing. I definitely want to see if there is a way I can create that in a cast or maybe put it into my project. I'm definitely going to make the main focus of my design, light; letting it in, blocking it, emphasizing it, dispersing it . . .

My three ideas for Friday are going to be
  1. Based on or extracted from my "creations"
  2. Based on different conditions of light
  3. Tied back to or connected to the chapel itself 

1 comment:

  1. the plaster dibujo sin papel turned out _really_ nice...!

    ReplyDelete