Search This Blog

Monday, February 20, 2012

February 20, 2012

Well, I'm still struggling. I moved away from the drawdel to explore the space of the chapel in a 3-d way in the the hopes that working in 3-d and with a new material would help me with my drawdel . . . but it's not. I mean it is, but I'm not sure if what I am coming up with and doing is actually what is being looked for and such. I am cutting out the areas that penetrate through the ground and folding them and trimming them to abstractly create the shape of the protrusions. I don't know, I may be over analyzing things but I feel like it is too much like the roof plan or ground plan. I feel like it's not abstract enough. I'm also struggling with the direction in which I fold. Some of the protrusion go into the ground and the chapel and some protrude up through the ground to the sky. If I fold them in the direction that they protrude there will not be a flat surface on either side, but at the same time if I fold them all the same way it will not be realistic. I'm stuck!!!!! But what else is new. I've also been thinking about the casting and I chose wax because it is easier to cast objects inside the wax and have them protrude out through the mold.  I keep second guessing myself, and I know I shouldn't because it will make me "get rid of Miami" again, but I can't help it.

No comments:

Post a Comment