Search This Blog

Tuesday, February 21, 2012

February 21, 2012

Today was a very productive day. I think I have finally gotten over second guessing myself and I can move on. So here are a few attempts today that helped me figure out the best way to create my drawdel and dibujo sin papel.


This first image is a very diagrammatic sketch of what my wire model will look like. This was extremely helpful in figuring out how I wanted to lay out the dibujo sin papel. It is not as involved as others so I was having a hard time figuring out how I wanted to lay it out on a "piece of paper" and and connect it and orient it to fill the page and make it a more dynamic composition. The second image is one of my attempts at bending wire in a more abstract way but that still holding true to the plan and nature of the protrusions.


Here is one of my more successful attempts at a drawdel. By printing it out I can look at the spatial relationships of all of the protrusions. It also helped we figure out how I want to fold the pieces and fit the protrusions into the space. I am still trying to figure out if I want to have all of the protrusions on one side of the paper or on both.


This image is a diagram showing how I am going to create positive space in the areas of the protrusions and negative space in the habitable and structural space. Hopefully my wax is cooperative and I can easily do this . . . 

Wish me luck!!!!!!!


2 comments:

  1. ok... good luck. and now? how did those sketches translate into the drawings and drawdels, etc. etc.?

    ReplyDelete
  2. they didn't necessarily translate into them but they were good diagrams to incite a new thought process and bring me to my final product. they were more stepping stones.

    ReplyDelete