Search This Blog

Saturday, February 25, 2012

February 24, 2012

First Mold!!!!!!!
I think I am going to have a few problems with the width of some of the pieces. The wall should be ok because they are indents and not being filled but I am worried about the slanted portions and the little box-like protrusions. I stuck to the scale of the plan but I think it might be a good idea thicken some of the members. But we shall have to wait and see . . .

Well as you can see my first casting was a bit of a failure. To make a long story short we tried casting in a few different places and each time we got yelled at to cast somewhere else. So we chose to go outside and cast because that was one of our options and as I was mixing mine we got yelled at again and my plaster cured before I could pour it. So this is the end result. But in a way it was helpful because I got to experiment with plaster and make a mold to see exactly how the layout would be. So overall not a total failure.

No comments:

Post a Comment