Search This Blog

Sunday, February 5, 2012

February 5, 2012

So it is Sunday February 5 at 4:42 pm and I finally feel comfortable enough and confident enough to start cutting my book. I spent the past couple of days reading through my literature book to find the phrase or word I want to highlight, cutting and laying out the templates of each level, and dividing the book into the different thicknesses I want for each level. The only thing that I have left to figure out is if I want that one phrase to be seen through the back cover, and if I want to glue the pages together to increase integrity. I'm soooo nervous about making the first cut because all of my previous cuts have been pretty messy and uneven. They have gotten better but it's still extremely hard to make a clean cut through multiple pages. I've played around with cutting the binding and actually removing the sections for each level and clamping the pages of that section together and cutting through them that way but I'm not sure if I'll be able to get the book back together well enough and cleanly. I am going to try and clamp each section together tight enough so that when I open up the book the binding does not pull the pages and create uneven edges. Well, I will be making my first cuts within the next couple of minutes soooooo wish me luck!

2 comments:

  1. by now, the good luck that i was gonna wish you yesterday is probably all used up... so, how did it turn out...?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Like all great works it will not be unveiled before the scheduled time.

    ReplyDelete