Search This Blog

Friday, April 20, 2012

April 18, 2012

Sorry, had some technical difficulties, but I'm back.

So after our drawing crit I started designing all of the tomb spaces and realized that I had nowhere near the amount of tombs I needed so I looked at the model in an attempt to see how I want to expand my design.
The forms of my tombs create a nice landscape for the cemetery. 


In a way they sort of create a "boundary" of the cemetery without blocking it off from the rest of the landscape.

Using the forms that are already present in the site I've created lines of circulation, contemplation, and tomb space so why not keep it going.


To create more tomb spaces I have decided to continue the line of tombs I have already created and add 4 more to the other side of the chapel. Because one side of the tombs is angled, the tombs get bigger as you continue down the line. With these added tomb spaces a lot of the design decisions that I didn't think were possible, now are. The lightwell and circulation path that I wanted to cut through the smallest tomb structure can now be done because I do not need to fill that area with tomb spaces. With the expansion of the line I can also create a secondary "circulation line" that is perpendicular to the "lightwell line" that will bring people through the site and along my line of tombs.



No comments:

Post a Comment