Search This Blog

Wednesday, January 25, 2012

January 25, 2012

Well, today was the first day of studio. As a part of the studio for this semester we have to keeps blogs of our design process, findings, and ideas. After hearing about the approaches we are going to be taking when designing this semester I'm a littler nervous. We are not being given a program. Instead, we are starting this semester by carving out or exhuming spaces and letting them decide what they want to be. I do not normally design this way and have a tendency to be very rigid in my thought process. I tend to come up with a design, see it clearly, and have a difficult time expanding on it. So, to try and avoid that I plan on doing most of my designing in 3-d. I want to make massing models instead of drawing everything in plan and section first. I hope this will help me get into the right designing mindset. We'll see . . .

No comments:

Post a Comment